Stacie Renee Brown is a mother, writer, and legal assistant. She graduated from Blinn College with an AAS in Administrative Assistant. She lives in small-town, Texas with her fiancé, son, future mother-in-law, two dogs, and two goats.
Stacie is a member of the Writers’ League of Texas. She is working on two fiction novels–a romantic suspense and a contemporary romance.
Stacie’s publications and awards include:
- “Literacy Lessons Learned,” Nota Bene 13, 2013, Phi Theta Kappa
- First Place in Non-Fiction Category, Emerging Writers Contest, Blinn College, May 2013, http://www.blinn.edu/schulenburg/emerging_writers.html
- First Place in Fiction Category, Emerging Writers Contest, Blinn College, May 2013, http://www.blinn.edu/schulenburg/emerging_writers.html
- Liebster Blog Award, Nominated by Molly Field, September 2012, http://mollyfielddotcom.wordpress.com/2012/09/15/awards-awards-three-posts-in-won/
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award, Nominated by Kathi Alf, August 2012, http://kathialf.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/very-inspiring-blogger-award/
- Second Place in Fiction Category, Emerging Writers Contest, Blinn College, May 2012, http://www.blinn.edu/schulenburg/emerging_writers.html
- “The Thrill of the Ride,” A Celebration of Young Poets, Fall 2001, Creative Communications
Stacie’s hobbies include writing, reading, and spending time with friends and family. Her interests include gardening, genealogy, motherhood/parenting, animals/pets, billiards, budgeting, living frugally, self-sufficiency, survivalist/prepping (not the hardcore we’re-all-gonna-die type, but the be-smart-and-prepare-for-anything type), and anything creative, unique, or thought-provoking. However, nothing beckons quite like writing does.
That’s why she’s here.