There are certain things I want to accomplish within the next year (related to my writing), so I’m putting them out there in hopes of warranting accountability. When I look back on this list a year from now, maybe I’ll actually have them done…
Here goes nothing:
- Complete at least one manuscript. This includes all character charts, outlines, drafts, self-editing, peer-editing, proofing, etc.
- Attract an agent. Sounds like I need some pheromone spray. Ha! I only wish it was that simple. Although I am aware of how to get an agent, it all comes down to the follow-through.
- Publish my novel. Since I refuse to self-publish, this might prove to be a tough-y, but it’ll get done (with a little luck and a lot of persistence).
- Attend three writer’s conferences or workshops. This comes down to the money, honey.
- Become a member of RWA. Easy enough, right? But here again, it’s all about the follow-through…and the money, honey.
Hopefully I’m not overlooking any steps that will throw a kink in my plan of action. Now, as long as Life doesn’t hog all the attention, I’ll be doing pretty darn good. 😉
What do you think? Am I way off base? Am I setting the bar too high, too low, or just right?